Friday, May 19, 2006

Maranatha

O God, my God I seek you
In this weary land
My soul and body longs to find
Refreshment at your hand

This fallen world surrounds me
About me and within
Contentment seems so far away
When will new life begin?

Maranatha
Come Lord Jesus, come
Maranatha
Come Lord Jesus, take us home

The bride is dressed and ready
Spotless, stainless, healed
The church in all her beauty stands
Her glory now revealed

The patient saints have gathered
Round the throne to sing
Loud hallelujahs evermore
Praise to the King of Kings

Maranatha
Come Lord Jesus, come
Maranatha
Come Lord Jesus, take us home

There's trouble all around me
In everything I do
O Lord please still my restless heart
I will wait
I will wait
For you.

SAR

3 Comments:

At 6:43 pm, Blogger Simone R. said...

Psalm 63:1 "O God, you are my God,
earnestly I seek you;
my soul thirsts for you,
my body longs for you,
in a dry and weary land
where there is no water."

Just found out that a friend has written some music for these words. Maybe I'll post a demo later on...

 
At 8:35 am, Blogger Joanna said...

Hi Simone, I meant to say that I like this song very much. My only qualm is with the inner focus of it.. the fallen world is all around, but what's really tough for me is that I feel stressed. I wonder how you'd feel about another verse that talked more about the injustice in the world as a motivation for crying maranatha

 
At 11:57 am, Blogger Simone R. said...

Good comments Jo. It is a very inward kind of a song. My feeling when I wrote it was that most of the 'trouble' around me seems to be caused by me.

But since it is becoming possible that this song will live apart from me, I need to fix it up.

Watch this spot for changes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home