Monday, July 31, 2006

Books

JoBloggs asked me to do this. I'm very pleased to reply. I'd love to hear your answers too.

1. One book that changed your life.
John Chapman, A Fresh Start (I was converted through this book)

2. One book you've read more than once
I figure, if it's not worth reading 20 times it's not worth reading at all. So I tend not to read too many books, just the same ones over and over again. Recently I've been re-reading:
Charlotte Bronte - Shirley
Dietrich Bonhoeffer - Prison Poems

3. One book you'd want on a desert island
Like Jo, Psalms.

4. One book that made you laugh
I've just finished reading Harry Potter to the kids (the first one). Our favourite line is from Peeves the ghost- "Ickle firsties, out of their beds at night. Naughty, naughty, you'll get caughty!" We laugh alot.

5. One book that made you cry
Is there any question? L.M Montgomery, Rilla of Ingelside.

6. One book you wish had been written
Emily Bronte, Anything Else.

7. One book you wish had never been written
The Poky Little Puppy

8. One book you're currently reading
Peter Brain, Going the Distance.
The Best Australian Poetry 2005

9. One book you've been meaning to read
The Best Australian Poetry 2004. (I need to have read it by 5pm today. Haven't bought it yet. Oops.)

10. If you are a blogger, why not post your responses on your blog. Otherwise, comment here.

4 Comments:

At 3:10 pm, Blogger Cath said...

This is CRAZY! I can't believe how much I'm bearing my soul through this blog! Can't remember many Authors...

1. One book that changed your life.
Don't laugh..."I Kissed Dating Goodbye" - Joshua Harris. It REALLY impacted my life in both positive and negative ways. Among other things, it encouraged me to trust and submit every area of my life to God.

2. One book you've read more than once.
The Atonement Child - Francine Rivers. Book about a woman who is raped and has to decide whether or not to get an abortion...always makes me realise that issues are never black and white.

3. One book you'd want on a desert island
Paradise Lost? No...I'd probably have to agree with Jo and Simone, Psalms.

4. One book that made you laugh
Table for one (Can't remember the author). About being single and female ... VERY funny!

5. One book that made you cry
I can't remember it happening.

6. One book you wish had been written
I don't understand the question.

7. One book you wish had never been written
Dreaming in Technicolour. it's supposed to be the fulfilling sequel to Dreaming in Black and White but it's one of the WORST and most unfulfilling endings to a sequel EVER! I was cranky for days afterwards...

8. One book you're currently reading
The Pursuit of God - AW Tozer. Bordering on one of the most life-changing books I've ever read.

9. One book you've been meaning to read
Anything old and 'quality literature' sounding so I can be more intelligent like Simonne :)

 
At 8:51 am, Blogger Joanna said...

Simone, Simone, Simone - how can you be so cruel about The Poky Little Puppy? I was just saying to Andrew the other day how much I loved that story!! Is this the result of having read it ten too mnay times to your kids?

 
At 1:36 pm, Blogger Simone R. said...

Jo. I've got a copy of Poky for you. I am very excited at the thought of getting it out of the house. I tried to throw it out last year and got caught.

 
At 7:41 pm, Blogger cj said...

Here I was going to tag you as one of my five, but too late...

Nice catching up in person on Saturday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home