Monday, August 21, 2006

Treasure of Jesus

After bagging out Dave so much for his Muscial Musings, I realise that I'm putting myself on the line a little bit here! However, one of my students played me this song today and I thought I'd share the lyrics with others who haven't had the privilige of hearing it. Apparently it's off the new Steven Curtis Chapmin album, All Things New. The music to these simple lyrics is really beautiful and quite stirring (think 'You Raise Me Up' - not the Westlife version).

I made the comment a little while ago that we could try showing the world a little more of the the majesty of God's grace in order to make him 'more attractive' to people. We can't make him any better than he already is but I think we can reflect Jesus to the world in varying measures and in doing so, make the concept of a relationship with God more or less attractive to those considering Jesus.

?

Appreciate any thoughts on this.


Treasure of Jesus

What can I do
How can I live
To show my world
The treasure of Jesus

What will it take
What could I give
So they can know
The treasure He is

And if I can sing
Let my song
Be full of His glory
If I can speak
Let my words be full of His grace
And if I should live or die
Let me be found
Pursuing this prize
The One that alone satisfies
The treasure of Jesus


1 Comments:

At 5:46 pm, Blogger Simone R. said...

Cath, I can't get into it just be reading the lyrics. Perhaps I need to hear it too.

I'm thinking 1927 for the chorus...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home